Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Tasha Tudor Tea


I unfortunately did not discover Tasha Tudor until my girls were too "big" for her books. I plan on adding them to my collection to enjoy with my future grandbabies. I admire Tasha's art, her simple way of living, her love for a life lived slowly, yet fully. She was definitely a woman born out of her era. She loved the 1830's and harkened to recreate her own little slice of the 1830's in the woods in Vermont.

Clarice at Storybook Woods is hosting this little blog celebration. Hop on over to her blog and see what it's all about. I am so excited about having this tea with my friends on her birthday. Would you like to join me?

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What fun, Ginger. Like you I did not discover Tasha Tudor until my girls were grown....so I'd best get some books now and enjoy them with Stacia.

April D said...

the tea was wonderful, Ginger! such a neat group of ladies--too bad we didn't have time to read some fun children's books. a BIG surprise yesterday for me was arriving home, picking up an old copy of "The Wind in the Willows", and discovering that IT was illustrated by Tasha! the animals are done so very well. perfect touch to add to a wonderful day. thank you so much!!!