Counting out birthday money and I'm sure is contemplating, "New jeans? Go to the movies? Nahh....think of all the Raisin' Cane's Chicken I could buy with this!" These pictures were taken the end of January this year at Steve and Joshua's Family Birthday Party at my inlaws. Thus the "drug store" behind Joshua. :^DAnd here's all of us - this was our Christmas photo that didn't get mailed out. Whoops! Dogs from left to right are Abrial, Cosette, and Delilah.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
The "dirt guys" also came and worked on the lot again. It's looking good!
The road in front of our lot, however, is not looking so hot. It was not properly "bedded" when it was put in and, with all the recent rains, it actually ripples when the dump trucks come in with their loads. It is quite torn up.
Thankfully our house is the last on the street (for the time being) and the street is a dead end, so it will not be a problem for traffic. When our construction is finished, my father-in-law will re-do the road.
Good job, Morgan. Now it's Brooke's turn.
That's trick riding, not barrel racing, Brooke!
Much better, there, Brooke! Now THAT'S a barrel run!
Meanwhile, Brooke rode a friend's horse. By the time our horses were put in their stalls, fed, watered, and given hay for the night and we got in the car, it was 7:30 p.m.
Tomorrow we will set up the poles and work on pole bending. It's supposed to start raining (AGAIN) on Thursday, so we'll need to get our practice in early in the week. It'll take at least two days without rain for the arena to dry out. After the girls practiced on their horses, I rode on my Lady....I do NOT run poles or barrels. In fact, I don't RUN at all. I walk. Slowly.....
My favorite laundry helper, my Kenmore He4t washer and dryer make short work of all our dirty clothes. And, boy, do we have dirty clothes!
...before heading off to bed.
Monday, February 26, 2007
- they aren't demanding
- they don't bark
- they don't eat a lot
- they are pretty low maintenance
- they are funny and affectionate
The downside of ferrets:
- they smell kind of musky
- they tend to take small items and hide them under sofas and beds - Ferris likes to steal razors from the side of the tub and he loves any crackly paper or bags - those are hidden under the sofas
- you do have to clean the cage (well, *I* don't - that's a Stevie-boy job!)
Here's a picture of Ferris and Brooke's cat, Libby. Libby has always loved Ferris and will climb into his cage. They love to play together.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Saturday, February 24, 2007
We had the best time at the Stampin' Up! Houston Regional Convention! Here I am with my convention buddies frantically trying to complete a mini-book before time was up! There was some great information, terrific projects, and I learned so much. Stampin' Up! events are always the best!
Driving home, on the other hand, wasn't so great. We got in RAIN and from Lafayette home took forever! After about 45 minutes of driving in horrible rain, Mary quietly said, "You know I'm over here praying, don't you?" I told her yes, I figured she was and I had been, too! I was so thankful that we arrived safely.
Friday, February 23, 2007
Here's a picture of Morgan's kitty, Stewart, named in honor of Stuart Little, because of his mouse-like qualities - being very white with a very pink pigment, large ears, and an exceptionally long, thin tail.
- Called the person about Pampered Chef - she wasn't home and her answering machine didn't come on. Will call her while on the road today.
- I made my swaps, although not the amount I wanted.
- I made a gift for my downline and guests - a little bag tag with their initial.
- I'm all packed.
- I'm partially prepared for my Sunday workshop.
- The car is being washed as we speak. Thank goodness for the Hand Car Wash across from the elementary school. For $25, I get a wash, wax, detailing, and the interior is cleaned WELL. You can't beat that with an ugly stick! And I'm supporting a local small business. Oh - and the back of the Suburban was cleaned out before it went to the car wash.
- The house WAS clean. Our 19-year-old tornado has swept through the living room, leaving two blankets, a jacket, and two shirts in it's wake.
The laundry is all done.
- My supplies are packed.
- I went grocery shopping.
I'll need to call my Stampin' Up! hostess on the way as well. I called her, but she had company, so I need to call her back. I'll need to fill up the car with gas. It's almost 11 in the morning and I've forgotten to eat breakfast, so I guess I should do that.
I didn't post my update last night because the cable internet went out. Steve called this morning and was on the phone FOREVER with them. At least it's working now.
Here are some pictures from yesterday. Steve was playing with Delilah (my first standard poodle - she's turning 8 this year and she is my heart) and slipped in the wet grass. I caught it on camera!You can also see the puddles on our dirt from the rain Wednesday. Thankfully, it was sunny all yesterday and again today, so it should be drying up. The dirt is about halfway there. I can't believe the dirt has to go up to more than 36"! Crazy!
Thursday, February 22, 2007
- Call someone who mentioned wanting to have a Pampered Chef catalog show for me - I am coming up short this month and need to get back in touch with her.
- Make my card swaps for Regionals - at least 75.
- Make gifts for my downline and guests. I already have one part of this.
- Call my Stampin' Up! hostess for my Sunday workshop.
- Prepare for my Sunday workshop because I won't have time when I get back.
- Clean out the Suburban.
- Have Suburban washed - will do this tomorrow morning. If I do it now, I'll be driving through muddy, gravel roads about 10 times before leaving, thus undoing the wash!
- Finish cleaning the house (clean bathroom and clean off counter that is covered with my stampin' stuff).
- Pack supplies that I'll need for Regionals.
- Go grocery shopping.
- Make a roast for the barn manager as a "thank you" for bringing the horses in, feeding them, and fixing their breakfast last Friday night so I could go to my Birthday Club Dinner and Crop.
Okay, WOW. Now that I've typed this out, it looks like a lot! I'd better get myself off the computer and start! I'll post later the things I have accomplished! Keep me accountable!
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
The day ended with me riding my horse again. Brooke has taken it upon herself to be my trainer. She expects a lot of me - she doesn't realize I'm old, fat, and fragile! But we did okay, Lady and I. I even trotted a little. Now to figure out how to NOT bounce while trotting. Therein lies the rub!
Brooke got Steve's digital camera out again and took some pictures of Morgan playing on the barrels (for barrel racing, for those non-horse initiated). She is doing well with her photography and is enjoying the immediate results of the digital camera. We're late to everything - blogging... digital photography.....