Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Joshua



Okay, since I've posted my third child, then my second child, I guess it's time to post about my firstborn. Joshua is now 19, getting ready to go to basic training in the Navy Reserves, and getting him to pose for a picture is almost impossible. Let me rephrase that - getting him to post for a picture where he isn't trying to look "cool" is almost impossible! So we'll start with an old one from three years ago - this is Josh and his halter horse, He's Above Suspicion (we just called him Gus). Unfortunately, we had to have Gus put down late last year because he had a degenerative bone disease and was in severe pain. He was a gorgeous horse and he'd just follow Joshua around like a big dog.



Here's one of those "cool" pictures. Yes, that is an eyebrow ring. He's 19 and didn't have to ask my permission. But I know it will be gone soon - no piercings in the Navy! Go, Navy!



Counting out birthday money and I'm sure is contemplating, "New jeans? Go to the movies? Nahh....think of all the Raisin' Cane's Chicken I could buy with this!" These pictures were taken the end of January this year at Steve and Joshua's Family Birthday Party at my inlaws. Thus the "drug store" behind Joshua. :^D

And here's all of us - this was our Christmas photo that didn't get mailed out. Whoops! Dogs from left to right are Abrial, Cosette, and Delilah.


3 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Ginger, you have such a beautiful family! I love the family picture. You could still send it out - hey people don't get family newsletters this time of year.

Joshua is a handsome young man. So nice to put a face to the name. I find it very odd to have my son grow up right before my eyes. The process is certainly a journey.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Kathy. I think I may still send it out yet.

I cannot believe my son is now a man and will be soon leaving for the Navy. I remember everyone telling me when he was a baby how quickly he would grow. Now I see exactly what they meant.

Now he is a man and all I can do is pray that, as we were faithful to try to raise Joshua to love and serve God, that God will guide and direct Joshua all the days of his life.

Cynthia said...

I agree with Kathy.. thanks for putting pictures to the names! Some years we don't get our Christmas cards out either... this year I actually sent out this year's picture AND last year's picture which I had taken and printed, but they never made it into envelopes (LOL)! So.. I may have to do that in the future... two years worth in one envelope and send them every other year!... next year should be short and sweet though. I'll send a pic with our blog address and refer everyone to the blog if they really want to know what we've been up to. Will sure make short work of writing the letter.