Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brooke's Chicago Trip


Hey! We have a computer AND internet!!! Hurray!!! So I'll be trying to catch up a bit.




Here are some pictures from Brooke's trip to Chicago in September. When she was in Illinois with my mother-in-law, her aunt and her boyfriend came to visit and brought her on a day trip to Chicago.




When Steve, Morgan, and I went to Chicago last year for Joshua's Navy graduation, Brooke elected to stay home, so she was excited to get to the Windy City.


Here are some of snapshots of her exciting day.



She went to Wrigley Field.






Ate Chicago Deep Dish pizza at Dagostino's.



Went to the Tribune Tower. Saw the Nathan Hale statue.

Rode on the "El."

Saw very strange creatures...(what IS this thing?).....

....and mummies at the Field Museum.


Went to Millennium Park. Saw the "Bean."

Was AMAZED at the sheer number of people.

And fell in love with the Chicago skyline at nighttime.

I'm so glad she was able to experience Chicago. Thank you, Mike and Susie, for showing her a super time!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I was in Chicago once for an arts conference, but we didn't really get to explore the area at all... In fact, I don't even think I should be able to say I've been there. I didn't even get downtown!

Teeny said...

What a fabulous opportunity for her...I'm so glad she was able to not only experience the trip, but also to escape Gustav. One lucky little girl!