Sunday, April 1, 2007

Sunday Drive

Today, on the way back from feeding all the horses, the girls and I drove down a road we pass every day. Originally, I just wanted to stop and read this sign - we pass to quickly on the highway for me to read the whole thing. But reading it just raised more questions - like "What did the Indians do with gravel?" I know they didn't use them for their driveways. :^D

I was hoping the road would bring us back to the Amite River. But all of the accesses back that far were private roads, so we couldn't see it. But we did see some beautiful sights. This little pond had a family of ducks swimming in it, then they got up on the shore when we took the picture. I don't know if you can see them, but they are to the right side of the little pond.

Brooke took this shot below of a huge old live oak tree that had an enormous trunk and branches reaching to the ground. And it was covered with Spanish moss. Simply majestic. I don't know what setting Brooke had on the camera, but she took this picture while we were driving along at a slow pace and she pointed the camera up. When it came out, it reminded me of an impressionistic painting. I thought it was cool.


And this was the last shot as we drove for home. Sometimes it's fun to go sightseeing almost in your own backyard. You never know what you'll find.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Another nice sunset or sunrise? Those are some of my favorites. I'm always surprised at the things I notice know that I'm blogging that I never noticed before.

Unknown said...

Sunset. Always sunset. I try to avoid seeing sunrises if I can help it! :^D