Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Land of the Lost Blogger

Where in the world have I been? Well, I've been very busy running back and forth to the barn with Punkin for medicine, checking this, giving that, etc. Plus I've been cleaning my house in preparation for our leave-taking to Chicago, as well as making arrangements for Brooke and all the animals. And then the packing. Such fun!


Well, we left very early this morning to go to Illinois. We drove for more than 13 hours and arrived in Spring Valley to visit relatives for two days before continuing onto the Chicago area for Joshua's Pass-In-Review (Navy boot camp graduation).


It was just Steve, Morgan, and me for this trip. Brooke has a mandatory chorale weekend retreat, as well as a horse show on Sunday. Because we don't know if Josh will be off on liberty all weekend or whether he will have watch one or more of the days, we aren't sure if we'd be back in time for the horse show, so Brooke opted to stay with Nana and Papa.


Here we are with Aunt Louise and Georgia Lee. (Oh, and Marley. That's the lab!)

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I hope you're having a great trip!

Kathy in WA said...

Ginger! I've been wondering where you were. I need my regular delicious recipe fix, house updates and overall great pictures of beautiful children and their horses. :)

Unknown said...

So sorry, Kathy! My cupboard is bare! I'll go shopping tomorrow and try to make something yummy for the blog this week!

Kathy in WA said...

Take your time, Ginger. I know you just got home. No pressure. Just wanted you to know you were missed. :) Plus, who else puts up recipes with warnings on them just for Cynthia?