Friday, January 11, 2008

January Hostess Club

Tonight was the first Hostess Club class of 2008. I decided to go with a winter theme, but since we live in LOUISIANA and winter usually does NOT include snow, I gave two color scheme options - blues with snowflakes or greens with leaves and flowers. I did one of each, but used snowflakes with both, an ironic nod to my pictures on an 80° January day.


My page was inspired by one done by barbdean that I simply loved.


We incorporated a few new techniques into our page - first, we stamped the title with craft ink, embossed with clear embossing powder, and filled in the outline letters with a Versamarker.





I love how embossing adds texture and the Versamarker adds just a little touch of watermark effect to intensify the cardstock color.




You could also emboss with the Versamarker - you could have a child write his/her name with the Versamarker and emboss it to preserve the child's handwriting on a page. I think the Versamarker and a Versamark ink pad are two things every stamper/scrapbooker should have in her stash.

We also heat embossed on acetate and cut it out and layered it on a shadow image. The little snowflake that looks like a pinwheel to the bottom right of the page is the acetate snowflake and it's shadow, held together with a rhinestone brad. I didn't get a close up of that element, but it looks really neat. You can't see the effect in the photo.

The one in green goes in my scrapbook.





Brooke chose the blue for her own scrapbook. Yes, that little baby is Miss Brooke, twelve Januarys ago. :^D

Page Recipe:

Stamp sets: Shapes and Shadows, Nature's Secret, On the Edge Alphabet Upper, (blue page also used It's Snow Time).

Paper: (Green page - Certainly Celery textured cardstock. Old Olive, Cool Caribbean, Fall Flowers Designer Series), (Blue page - Bashful Blue textured cardstock, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit's striped paper), both used Whisper White.

Ink: (Green page - Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Cool Caribbean), (Blue page - Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Real Red), both used White Craft and Versamark.

Accessories: Acetate sheets, non-SU rhinestone brads, Versamarker.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

LOVE the how-to on this technique. Still wishing I lived close enough to participate.

berrypatch said...

I LOVE Versamark ink!!! And I really like this technique! Thanks for sharing this. :-)