Friday, March 21, 2008

Oregon Nature Hike

Today Grandmother and Granddaddy were interred at Willamette National Cemetery. My Granddaddy passed away a few years ago and was cremated, but he and Grandmother wanted to be interred together. Because Granddaddy served in the Army in World War II in Normandy, he received military honors. The weather was nice and the ceremony very moving.






Afterwards it started raining and was cold, so we stayed in. So for today's "viewing pleasure," I'll add the pictures I took when my brother, Michael, Morgan, and I went for a walk on a little nature trail along the Tualatin River.








Michael and Morgan reluctantly stop for a picture.







I love this little trail along the river.







Skunk cabbage - pee-you!








Look how well this little guy is camouflaged!







I absolutely adore forsythia in the spring. We don't have it in Louisiana.




The ornamental cherry trees were simply stunning.

2 comments:

Teeny said...

I LOVE Oregon...any time of the year is fabulous, but spring is phenomenal!!! I'm glad you got to enjoy some of the trip with its beauty.

Cynthia said...

Looks like spring has arrived somewhere! Not here (LOL)!