Friday, June 13, 2008

June Hostess Club

Sorry for the lack of posts. I was having quite the glitch in my computer that needed attention, then it was topped off by the shorting out of the keyboard by Someone Who Shall Remain Nameless spilling a glass of ice water into it.



Today was Hostess Club and we did a one-page layout and a Father's Day card. Here's the layout:







Page Recipe: Cardstock - Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Brocade Backgrounds Designer Series Paper. Stamps - Baroque Motifs. Ink - Chocolate Chip.


Journaling and title square were done on the computer. The title says, "You are not a hero because of what you do, but because of who you are." Journaling: "Husband, lover, friend, life partner, provider, father of my children, keeper of my heart, builder of our home, guardian of our gate. Steve, you are many things, but they can be summed up in two words: My Hero. I love you, Ginger." The picture was from eons ago - a 1992 company Christmas party when Steve was in nursing school.


The card was CASE'd from this blog. You can find complete instructions there. What an adorable idea! One will be for Steve to give his Dad for Father's Day and I'll save the other for a man birthday. Everyone loved this card!


1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That's an AWESOME card. I think if I ever have my photo albums a little more under control I might like making cards!