Saturday, March 24, 2007

10 Requirements for Having Surgery

Abrial, waiting to answer the door.


1. Freshly groomed standard poodles. Standard Poodles are the Official Greeters For Recovery and must look the part.


    Delilah, wondering if Abrial will answer the door THIS time.

2. Fresh haircut and color for patient. Choose a color on the opposite end of the color wheel from green, in case this color appears around the gills. :^P (Picture pending because I can't figure out how to get it off my cell phone.)

3. Toothbrush and full tube of toothpaste. Use liberally when mouth is dry and yucky from pain medication, at least six times in a 12 hour period, causing Private Nurse/Husband to question whether surgery has caused a sudden swing to Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder. (It hadn't - it was the only thing that helped the dryness from the medication.)



4. Fabulous Floral Arrangements, real and not.

Nearest arrangement with gerbera daisies and irises, etc, is from my in-laws, Faye and Bill. The pink/lavender arrangement is from Aunt Louise and Georgia Lee. Aren't my flowers beautiful? They just made me feel so loved!
Tulips are my favorite flowers. These Flaming Parrot Tulips are exquisite! Thanks, Mrs. Faye!
    This adorable arrangement is hand-stamped/embossed, cut out, and embellished with beads and buttons and is from my friend, Kassiah. She is SO talented! Thanks, Kassiah. These flowers will never die!

5. Funny Cards to make you Laugh Out Loud, causing Extreme Pain in Incision Site, necessitating #6.


    This card is from my Aunt Caryl. It arrived right after my surgery. Aunt Caryl's comment: So fast? It wasn't supposed to be there until Monday when it didn't hurt so much to laugh! You can't see from the scan, but they've photoshopped in Queen Elizabeth. The inside reads "Hope You're Back on Your Feet Soon." The photo simply cracked me up!

6. Cushy pillows for behind head and over incision site. See #5.

    Sorry - not my bed - not my pillows. Lacking cat fur and broken mini blinds in the background.

7. Pile of Books and Magazines, for making visitors think you are keeping your mind alive and not watching television during your recovery.

8. Laptop Computer, for keeping up with Support4Homeschool doin's.

9. Movie for Laptop Computer, for use after the visitors who think you're reading go home. (I got Love Comes Softly.)

10. Cat Investigators, to sniff for explosives in flowers, check for poison in your pancakes, and to act as backup in event pressure pillow for incisions cannot be found.

Here's KitKat, practicing the pressure pillow technique on Steve. He is wet because Morgan squirted him with the hose while "helping" clean the ferret cage. It was also Steve who was first to receive the Pancake Inspection from Stewart - yes, all four paws in the syrup. Libby has made herself official flower sniffer, but every time I pick up the camera to catch her in action, she jumps. I guess it is a covert mission. :^D

11 comments:

Debbie said...

LOL, very funny entry, Ginger. I'm glad you are home and on the mend. I just love your poodles! They are so regal looking.

Romany said...

Ginger,

I hope you are recovering well!

Poor QE2, she hasn't done the Trooping Of The Colours on horseback since she was shot at one year. Kept on riding slowly down the parade ground though. Ya gotta love the dedication.{g}

Dorothy

Unknown said...

Oh my, Dorothy. I had to Google the story about the Queen being shot at during the Trooping of the Colours. That's something else. I wouldn't want to do it again, either!

I used to dream of marrying Prince Andrew - he was my dream guy as a teenager!

Kathy in WA said...

This is a great entry, Ginger. Too funny with some good pictures as well. Ha! Please take your time to recover. Hope Steve and the kids are taking good care of you!

Diann said...

I have been praying for you, Ginger, I am so glad you are getting to feeling better and still have your great sense of humor. Great pics!
Diann

Bess said...

These pictures are great! esp. the cat one, I love cats! hope your recovery is fast.

Bess, Debbie's daughter

Kristine said...

Great post, Ginger. I LOVE the pics of your dogs too, they look like REAL people! (And I know you're saying, "Well, aren't they?"!)

Emily said...

Ginger, I am so happy your recovery is going well! I loved your blog entry today! Your poodles are so cute! They look like they have GREAT personalities! Great pictures!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Emily. Yes, my poodles all have their own distinct personalities and are definitely not "dogs." I need to get a shot of Cosette for the blog. She's quite flashy with her red hair.

Jodi said...

LOL fun post! Hope you are feeling much better by now.

Cynthia said...

I LOVED your surgery list! I'm assuming you're back to normal by now since I'm just now getting around to reading your blog!