Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Suffering Blog


My blog is suffering from lack-o-post-itis. I have had an off-again-on-again stomach virus since Thursday. I'm ready for it to be gone. So here's a picture taken by Brooke of a very smoking looking sunset. This was taken in the McDonald's parking lot on the way from one barn to the other.


Last night Morgan made Baked Lasagna (almost completely) all by herself. This is the recipe I've used for Lasagna since I made it my first time at 14. I completely omit the salt from this recipe - it's salty enough with all the cheese.


River Road Recipes Baked Lasagna

1 pound ground beef
1 clove minced garlic
1 tbsp. parsley flakes
1 tbsp. basil
2 cups tomatoes
2 six-ounce cans tomato paste
1 ten-ounce package lasagna noodles
24 ounces small curd cottage cheese
2 beaten eggs
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. parsley
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded

Brown meat. Add garlic, parsley, basil, tomatoes, and paste. Simmer, uncovered, until thick, about 45 minutes to one hour, stirring occasionally. Cook noodles until tender; drain; rinse in cold water. Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Place half of noodles in a 13 x 9 baking dish. Spread with half cheese mixture, top with half the mozzarella, and half of the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

YUM! I've never put eggs in our lasagne. I have a recipe that we've changed over the years and mae our "own"....