Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Concert

Tonight was the big Christmas Concert for the children's community choir to which Brooke belongs.


Brooke at Nana's before the concert. She looked beautiful, even though she absolutely hates this dress. *I* hate the hem work done on the dress. I paid $25 for it to be hemmed professionally and it started coming out the FIRST TIME she wore it. I've already re-hemmed it twice - one half while sitting on the floor of the girls' bathroom at the community college and the second half while sitting in this very kitchen while Brooke ate before a concert. :::sigh:::



It was held at a new, large church with wonderful acoustics. The choirs (there are three - apprentice, chorus, and chorale - Brooke's in the chorale) sounded beautiful. I forgot my camera at home, so these pictures are from Susie's camera. I didn't know how to turn off the flash, so I couldn't take any pictures during the concert. But here's Morgan and Susie while we were waiting for the concert to start.



And here's Brooke in the lobby of the church after the concert. She was so relieved it was over! The chorale had also just received word that they would be singing at Governor-Elect Bobby Jindal's inauguration in January! Wow! How exciting!!!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Congrats! WOW. That'll be a fun thing to look forward to in January. Perhaps you can video it for the blog! No pressure though.

Unknown said...

Yes, I could video it. Then I'd need to figure out how to transfer the video to my computer. Perhaps I can put Joshua on that. He's definitely more of a techie than I am!