Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Father...

"A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again." Enid Bagnold (1889 - 1981)


Me and my Dad



I love my Dad. He makes me feel like a princess. Yes, even though I'm over 40. When I see him, talk to him, read an email from him, I feel like I'm the most beautiful, special, most beloved person in the world.


My stepmom and me - my children call her "Granny O" - does she LOOK like a Grandmother? She looks like she's maybe 20! I love her so much - she is a wonderful friend and we always laugh and have fun together.


Dad is now working half a world away - in China! He left in March and we didn't get to see him before he left because I had a nasty stomach virus. So when he came home for a visit, I wasn't going to miss out this time.


My baby brother is obviously way too cool to smile!



We live about two hours from my Dad, stepmom, and youngest brother. We left yesterday and hit the worst weather imaginable for driving. We could barely see the road ahead of us and the lightning was absolutely scary. But by the time we arrived at Dad's, it had almost cleared completely. And we had such a great visit.


I'll coax a smile out of this handsome guy yet!



Freddie is the same age as Brooke! My youngest brother and middle child - less than three months apart.

Ah ha! I've got you now! A big, wet smooch will teach you to try to be cool around your big sister! Behave or I'll send my blog to all your friends!

4 comments:

Kathy in WA said...

Great family photos! Such nice things to say about your dad and the rest of the family. Must be a bit surreal to have a younger brother the same age as your dd. :) Life certainly is crazy at times. ha!

Unknown said...

Kathy, there are so many siblings, I just take it in stride. I have three siblings within 18 months either way of Joshua!

My girls just don't call Freddie "uncle!" :^D They think that is weird.

Kristine said...

Cute post, and I'm guessing one of your girls took the shots of you and Freddie together?!

How blessed you are to live close enough to family to visit in one day.

Cynthia said...

China sounds like an interesting place to work! Glad you got to see him when he came home this time.