Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Frog and Toad are Friends


This was one of my favorite books as a beginning reader. I loved Frog and Toad and their sweet friendship. Which is odd, because anyone who knows me know will tell you I am deathly afraid of frogs. And toads. I'm not as bad as my MIL - she wants someone to squish them. I think they are interesting and like the fact that they eat bugs. A definite plus here in South Louisiana. But I don't want them on me, I don't want to touch them, and I definitely do not want them in my house.

I awakened Steve just last week in the middle of the night to catch a small tree frog that had jumped in when I called the dogs back before putting them to bed. It was just a little tiny thing, but it could have chased me down and hopped in my bed. Or something equally cruel and slimy.

Today Morgan announced that Daddy had a toad in the boots he left outside by the door. So I bravely went over, turned the boot over (with a rake) and encouraged Mr. Toady to hop into Brooke's flower garden. He liked the lantana best.

Just so he would know I really liked him, (just didn't want him in a shoe - or on my foot - or in my house) I took his picture. He even smiled for the camera. See. I can be friends with Mr. Toad. But I prefer a long-distance relationship.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

We also enjoy the Frog and Toad books! CUTE pic! You chasing that one out the door when the dog came in reminded me of the time I had one jump out at me from our aquarium! Scared me 1/2 to death!