Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Summer Clean-Up Challenge, Volume 2, Chapter 4


Wow! With all these "chapters" on the second part of my Summer Clean-Up, surely you realize what bad shape my kitchen/dining room was in! I'm so embarrassed, but now I'm motivated and glad I decided to face the music and participate in this challenge. So, thanks, Lisa!

Okay, today I started on the scrapbooking stuff. Wow! This is a bigger job than Ginger's Towering Table of Trash!!! This is the view from the doorway from the living room.

Before:

After:




The little white rolling bins go with me to my workshops. The black bag is ONE of the many that accompanies me to crops.



The three-drawer cart has ribbon that is not on spools and other miscellaneous fibers in the top drawer, assorted tools (like a brayer, eyelet setter, assorted cutting tools) in the second drawer, and punches in the bottom drawer. The bottom drawer is filled to the brim, so my punches are going to have to be organized somewhere else if I buy another one. I guess I need to hold out until we move into the new house. But Stampin' Up! has this nifty new scallop punch......



I have two rolling carts with hanging folders for my 12 x 12 paper. No, they really do not hold it all. I need a third. But I'm putting that off, as I would like large paper file drawers in my new scrapbook room. The only bad thing about the rolling files is the fact that dust can sneak in there with my cardstock. Yuck.



On the bottom shelves of the rolling carts, I have Simply Scrappin' Kits, miscellaneous patterned paper, tags and book kits, and chipboard. In the blue bin with the two drawers, I have 8.5 x 11 paper in the bottom drawer and scraps in the top drawer. All paper and scraps are organized by Stampin' Up! color families, then alphabetized within color families. On top of my blue bin I have a box of retired cardfront samples, a pretty basket of current samples, and two lunch tins of cards ready to send out to folks at a moment's notice. :^D And the girls' electric pencil sharpener. It reminds me of the Sesame Street song, "One of these things just doesn't belong here..." but we don't have another working receptacle to plug it into. Oh well.



And here was today's assistant in the clean-up. NOT!!! Stewart, you are one extremely pampered, exceptionally lazy cat!



4 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

Wow. That is an amazing transformation! You go girl!

Cynthia said...

WAY to go! You're really going to town! Be sure to sign up for the Scrapbooking Challenge that I put on my blog awhile ago now that you've gotten to your scrapbooking supplies. I'll be giving away a 12x12 paper organizer at the end of the month!

Kathy in WA said...

Wow, Ginger! That is awesome. Where did everything go? You are doing great.

Unknown said...

In the proper places! LOL! Paper put into the file folders, stuff put back into the proper drawers. I'm not finished. I hope to work on my scrapbook table (on which I never work because it's too small - it is a "holding station") Friday if I have time. I also need to cook for Hostess Club and assemble the sample scrapbook pages.