Tonight was my most ambitious project yet. Yes, I tackled the scrapbook table. It was bad. Really bad. The photos don't even do it justice. And the little cart on the side between the table and the place where my stamps are stored was filled with bins of photos and memorabilia all jumbled together.
First I tackled my stamps. They were just stuck in there and even stacked in front of other stacks, so you couldn't see what you were looking for. I needed to organize them in alphabetical order according to set name, then I needed to mark my new Stampin' Up! catalog with the stamps I have and also designate all retired sets with a little yellow slip of paper in the front of the box. This took most of Saturday, although I did finish Brooke and Morgan's copy of Friday's layout for their books and I put all three layouts in their perspective books. Here's what my stamp cubbies looked like before organization:
The stacks are still teetering a bit, but that's because of the weight of my stamps on this flimsy little cubby system.
Then I tackled the desk. Truly, this picture doesn't make it look nearly as bad as it really was. It took me six hours to clear off this desk and organize and put away the stuff that was on here. And the stuff that was in the little white cart.
Here is how it looks now. Wow! It was the first thing my children noticed when they got up Monday morning!
And my little white cart, now with memorabilia packaged by year.