Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tag! You're It!

I have been tagged by Chris. If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged. Here's what you do. Grab the book that is nearest to you. THEN....

Open book to page 123.

Find Sentence number 5.

Post the next three sentences.

And then tag 5 more people.

So, my nearest book is The Message: The Old Testament Books of Moses in Contemporary Language. Steve and I have been reading it separately and keep trying to stay ahead of each other. I was winning. Until yesterday. Now I'm behind. Anyway....

Page 123, sentence 5:

Mirian led them in singing, "Sing to God - what a victory! He pitched horse and rider into the sea!"

Moses led Israel from the Red Sea on to the Wilderness of Shur.

Hmm...what happens next? Those complaining Israelites found bitter water at Marah. It's a good thing I'm not God. I would have zapped those whiners before the Red Sea was parted. Although reading Exodus again (and thinking about the complaining Israelites) has made me think about how much I complain. I guess if I was God, I would have zapped me, too. Good thing God is so much more merciful than I am.

And it's a good thing that the Bible was my closest book. The second closest is Saxon Math 6/5. What a bore that would have been!

Leave me a comment so I can see what you are reading! Because I tag you and you and you and you and you. Go!

1 comment:

Poodlebugs said...

Okay, you asked for it, but it AIN'T gonna be pretty! My closes book that actually HAS enough pages for this challenge is the ICD-9-cm, 2006 color coded edition, volumes 1 & 2

Page 123 actually consists on an anatomical illustration of the vascular system. If I count down to the 5th "label", it is
"External Jugular Vein"

sorry my selection wasn't better- the other choice would have been a phonebook!

(that's what I get for reading blogs at work!